Local Marketing Coordinator / Party Director
Purpose and Objective of Position: This position will be primarily responsible for planning and executing local marketing outreach and programs, as well as, managing Pizza Ranch party rooms and reservations.
Local Store Marketing planning and activities will include but are not limited to:
- Develop Community Impact Nights in restaurant, identifying targets, building the CIN plan, securing an event and the procedure for running the event and follow up. Training the staff and management on every aspect needed to run a successful Community Impact Night. Attend as many events as possible as the face of Pizza Ranch along with the manager.
- Identify restaurant retail trade zone and all opportunities that are within this area for local store marketing and group meals.
- Work with local providers for sponsorship activities. Develop ways to achieve the sponsorships through promotional or food offerings.
- Identify potential areas of opportunities for catering. Conducting sales calls and contact building exercises to sell the program and help with the administration of caterings. Working with operators on their first catering purchases to ensure success and follow through.
- Conduct visits to schools, churches and other organizations to identify their needs and build meal solutions and fundraising opportunities for their situation.
- Use social media to drive awareness and promotional activity.
- Utilize the Community Impact Binder and all materials for Local Store Marketing program to be implemented in all restaurants.
- Coordinate with Jessica Kenyon for artwork and materials needed for each restaurant to be successful.
- Be responsible for Local Store Marketing activities through regular documentation of contacts and events, fundraisers, catering, etc. which have been secured. Ensure follow up with all organizations after the program is complete and setting them up for the next service Pizza Ranch can help them with.
- Assimilate and report on best practices seen in the field from various restaurants which can be used in all the restaurants.
- Complete sales and coupon reports to track ROI.
Birthday Party Host planning and activities will include but are not limited to:
- Organize all aspects of birthday parties and group events.
- Contact interested individuals, managing reservations and scheduling staff
- Ensure that the party schedule and details are completed accurately and on time.
- Order and manager party supplies and inventory.
- Develop and implement post-party follow up and referral process.
- Provides courteous customer service and respond to customer’s questions, complaints or requests.
- Provides or performs other services or duties as required by Franchisees/Manager.
Restaurant Visit Scheduling and Travel:
- This position will office out of the Grand Island restaurant and at home as needed. Travel will be primarily within the Grand Island area to the trade zone via available delivery vehicle. Some foot travel would be required close to the restaurant for neighboring businesses or schools.
Qualifications, Skills and/or Competencies:
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work closely with restaurant level managers and staff as well as Corporate marketing staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Highly self-motivated. Must have a high sense of urgency in providing a strong level of service and follow through.
- Strong detail orientation with a demonstrated proficiency in both planning and execution.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and manage details for different situations.
- Understanding of general marketing principles including targeting, advertising, pricing sales process and contract negotiation.
- Ability to identify needs within a business or organization and develop solutions based on Pizza Ranch product and service offerings to address the needs.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and lead others who do not report to this position.
- Results oriented; ability to prioritize rapidly with strong problem solving skills; excellent decision making/analysis skills; and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
Goals for the Position:
- Achieve restaurant profitability and ROI goals.
- Enhance local marketing plan and party packages.
- Build strong relationships with the Grand Island Community and Businesses.