Director of Training & Development
Purpose and Objective of Position:
The Director of Training & Development is responsible for directing and improving the knowledge, skills, and productivity of the Pizza Ranch’s® team members. This position assesses organizational developmental needs, drives training initiatives, and arranges suitable training solutions for all team members—franchisees, managers, crew members, and Support Center staff. This position actively searches, creatively designs, and implements an effective development program to educate, enhance and recognize performance.
- Conducts annual training and development needs assessment.
- Creates, Develops, Proposes, and Implements leadership development program and curriculum to prepare team members for growth opportunities and increase retention within both the restaurants and the Support Center.
- Ensures that our manager training program measures individual achievement of learning objectives, validates skill/knowledge development, assesses cultural fit, and fully promotes integrates our Pizza Ranch® vision and mission.
- Actively searches, creatively designs, and implements effective training methods for enhancing performance, and recognizing outstanding performance across the organization at all levels.
- Ensures consistency in the delivery and application of training standards across the organization and oversees the planning, prioritization, and development of new training programs and initiatives, ensuring that these programs and initiatives are consistent with the overall strategies, objectives, and needs of the organization.
- Develops and monitors achievement of results within the approved Training Department budget.
- Obtains and/or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
- Leads the training and coaching efforts of franchisees, managers and others involved in team member development.
- Helps to evaluate talent pipeline and share learning and development opportunities to support growth.
- Plans, organizes, facilitates and orders supplies for team member development and training events.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications, such as bulletin boards and newsletters, to ensure team members have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Works with Culinary, Process Improvement and Operations to equip new and existing franchisees, managers, and team members to execute standard operating procedures and fulfill Pizza Ranch’s® vision and mission.
- Ensures constant development of team members’ professional skills, and stays abreast of changes within the training industry.
- Recruits, develops, and coaches Training Department team members.
Qualifications, Skills, and/or Competencies
- Bachelors of Science or Bachelors of Arts degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in operations/training field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proven record of interpersonal planning, communication, and organizational skills.
- High Business Acumen.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of team members, managers, and franchisees.