Who We Are
Pizza Ranch ®Inc., started as a single location in Hull, Iowa in 1981. Pizza Ranch is in the category of a fast-casual restaurant. Our unique concepts specialize in pizza, chicken, salad and dessert buffet, as well as delivery and take out. Our franchise has grown steadily with over 200 locations in fourteen states. What makes Pizza Ranch® unique is that most stores offer a host of dining options.
We strive to make a positive impact for those that are devoted to family, faith and guests, we call them devoted diners. Our company is fueled by a powerful mission to “Establish Every Pizza Ranch® as a business ministry opportunity where our guests receive a legendary experience through quality food and service; and where we take a positive leadership position in the communities we serve and equip our employees with tools to lead happy and productive lives.”
Pizza Ranch is committed to making a positive impact no matter how big or small so that each person leaves a little better off, because of the genuine care and concern we give to our guests, team members and communities.
If this sounds like an environment where you would like to work, we are always looking for enthusiastic, guest-oriented people who love to be of service to others.
At Pizza Ranch, we view our team members as a vital part of what makes our business so successful. As a Shift Leader, you will be challenged to assist all managers in helping to coordinate and drive legendary execution of each shift. You will be counted on to be a positive leader who is actively involved in all facets of day-to-day operations. You will be trained to be an expert in front and/or back of the house operations, procedures, and processes and will be a key leader in driving and maintaining high standards. You will also be looked to as a key leader in the training and development of staff and in building a culture of excellence. Most importantly you will have the opportunity to provide genuine care for all of our staff and guests and to create legendary impact to those you come in to contact with during your shift.
- Assist in the training of new employees as well as the continuous training of existing staff
- Oversee both front and back of house operations, including counter and phone staff, kitchen crew, delivery drivers, and bussing staff
- Maintain high-quality food standards
- Maintain full, fresh, and clean buffets
- Oversee our kitchen staff’s compliance with all health code and sanitation requirements
- Oversee our kitchen staff’s compliance with preparing all food according to our recipes
- Provide Legendary guest service and lead staff to do the same
- Respond to guest complaints quickly and resolve them effectively
- Develop strategies for improving our guests dining experience
- Work with staff to project future needs for kitchen supplies, goods, and cleaning products.
- Be an extension of the management team in following and instilling policies and procedures of running a restaurant.
- Maintain inventory of all needed supplies (Dough pull sheet, Prep Planner, and Salad Bar Stock)
- Identify methods our restaurant can use to cut waste, decrease costs, and improve profits
- Complete opening and closing checklists
Qualifications, Skills, and/or Competencies:
- High school diploma or GED
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced setting
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- The physical ability to remain standing for long periods of time
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and guest service skills
- Strong people skills
- Certified Trainer